Mother’s Day is a worldwide commemorated event where mothers are appreciated in diverse ways for their efforts at taking good care of the home and family.
In many places, mothers have made various sacrifices in catering for their children. Some mothers have had to stay away from active working life, sacrificing their independence and other joys of life.
Statistics show that approximately 84% of custodial parents are mothers while fathers account for the remaining 16%.
Mothers’ Day this year, falls on 12th May, and Citi FM would like to celebrate mothers in a unique and exciting way; Fathers will take full charge of the kitchen to cook something unique for mothers and the family!
The event dubbed the Cook for Mama Challenge
will give Citi FM patrons and the general public the opportunity to celebrate their mothers and express their heartfelt love and appreciation in a grand style.
The best cooking father would win an all expenses paid trip to South Africa with Mama and they will have a treat of their lives.
All one has to do to get Mama into this competition is to email an entry to Citi FM
via firstname.lastname@example.org before the 26th of April.
The entry has to contain one favorite recipe which the father will have to prepare at the grand finale. In the same entry, one must state in not more than 50 words why his or her mother must be the one to win the ultimate prize to fly to South Africa.
Speaking on the Cook for Mama Challenge, the Head of Events and Promotions at Citi FM, Nii Kpakpo Thompson said, “Mothers are so special that we need to celebrate them in a wonderful way. This is a very exciting way to say thank you to your mother for all the years of care for you and the whole family. Even those who do not win will have something to smile about. We do not want to limit this to just the children saying thank you, we want the fathers to lead their children to say thank you to Mama. After all, it is said that the husband is the first born of the mother.”
The fun however, doesn’t end there. A Mothers’ Day Treat consisting of a three-course dinner buffet and surprise giveaways will follow on Sunday 12 May 2013.
So treat your mother to a wonderful time this Mother’s Day for all the sleepless nights and care over the years.
The Cook for Mama Challenge is a 97.3 Citi FM Mother’s Day promotion.