With the rumour mill buzzing about a potential appointment with the giants of Accra, David Duncan says he has had no contact at all with Hearts of Oak. The gaffre has been widely mentioned the heir to Charles Akunnor who was sacked days ago.
"Nothing is happening as far as I am concerned. Right now as we speak I have no answer just yet," Duncan told Citi FM in Accra. He went on to say that he will make a decision if an offer comes along, but would not comment on wanting the job or otherwise.
Despite his claims, sources say Duncan had been approached by the management of Hearts even before Akunnor was sacked. The Phobians are desperate for direction on and off the pitch as they seek firm ground in the league.
"Because the issue is hovering around as peculation, I don't know anything about it and I cant answer these hypothetical questions," he insisted, however.
Club legend Mohammed Polo has also entered the picture. In an unsurprising move, Polo has hinted that he would love to steer the affairs of the team he carried on his shoulders decades ago.
"Hearts is a big club and I believe I can do the job. I have not asked anyone for it, but if they call me, why not?" he told supersport.com on Friday. The Hearts legend had also, on Sunday, told Viasat 1's Football 360 show that "a big team like Hearts need a strong coach."
When pushed as to whether he saw himself as a strong coach, Polo laughed, saying: "Of course I am." Yet, he stopped short of saying Charles Akunnor should be sacked on the basis of poor form.
But after Akunnor was axed on Wednesday, Polo has suddenly given the thumbs up for the club's management's swift decision after a bad patch run in the league. Polo is quoted by Happy FM's website as saying: "After beating Edubiase 5-2, the team’s performance started deteriorating so the coach obviously had to pay for that. The job seems to be going round all the time, so why not?” he told Accra-based Happy FM.
"If I its passed on to me I will gladly accept it," he deadpanned.
Meanwhile, the club's management have remained silent on the matter, with reports saying a communications embargo has been placed on all official information sources pending an official announcement.